You’ve been taking classes between one and six months.
You got the BASIC swing out and possibly other simple steps but your repertoire is limited and you are NOT confident yet with your lead/follow tecnique and your style is rather basic.
This level maight be subdivided into 2 groups.
- You have been actively dancing for, at least, 6 months.
- You dance socially at least twice a week.
- You have no problem with the BASIC steps.
- You can learn the steps if they are not complex steps and the progress is not fast.
This level will be subdivided into 2 or 3 groups according to the relative level of the dancers.
- You have been actively dancing for at least 3 years.
- You dance several times a week and attended at several intl. workshops/festivals.
- You have a deep understanding of the connection technique to properly lead/follow dificult steps and patterns at all kind of tempos.
- You know what “dancing to the music” means and you apply it when you dance to any kind of music.
- You are able to learn new steps quickly.
Especial lindy hop course for very skilled and experienced lindy hop dancers. In particular:
- You have a long experience dancing lindy hop.
- You are either performer, teacher or one of the top dancers in you community or both.
- In class, you are able to learn anything quickly and dance it properly with your partner.
You can acces this level by 2 ways:
- If you were registered at barSWINGona’13 on the invitational level (you received and invitation or pass the audition) you can register at HIGH LEVEL.
- If you were not on INVITATIONAL level last year but you think you qualify for this level you should do the following:
- Register as ADVANCED indicating an international instructor as referee.
- Go thru the INVITATIONAL audition scheduled together with the ADVANCED level audition.
Those who teach lindy hop classes regularly in their area and are interested in improving their teaching technique and pedagogical skills !
An audition is a test that the dancers do before classes in front the instructors.The purpose of the auditions is to guarantee that each dancer is placed in the right group to maximize the homogeneity of the levels of the dancers in the group.
The auditions can result in:
- DIVIDING the group if the levels in the groups are too different.
- PROMOTING those dancers that qualify for a higher level
- DEMOTING those dancers whose level does not reach the standards for the level they registered at.
WHO HAS TO PASS THE AUDITION ? The auditions are mandatory and must be passed by anyone who:
- is registered in the NON-ADVANCED levels
- is registered in the ADVANCED levels
- is registered in the BEGINNERS level and want to promote to NON-ADVANCED.
- Dancers in the INVITATIONAL level do not have to pass any audition.
There will be 2 AUDITIONS:
- Non-Advanced level.
- Advanced level.
Check the schedule to know the times and please plan to be there on time.
This is a special track for BEGINNERS who despite having a short dancing and learning life wish to participate in this amazing experience.
- CLASSES:The classes will focus on beginners steps and the basic technique for Social dancing. It includes 2 classes per day so 4 classes (plus the open classes).
- TEACHERS: This classes will be taught exclusively by the TASTER TEACHERS.
- CONVENIENT SCHEDULE: These classes are scheduled in the late afternoon right before the party.
- REDUCED PRICE: The price is considerably reduced (check the PRINCING section).
There are NON-ADVANCED and ADVANCED tracks scheduled during the daytime (but not too early).
- CONTENTS: Focus on perfecting technique, styling, showcase lindy and competition skills. One third of the classes will be devoted to prepare a lindy hop routine that will be danced by those who wish to do so in the Sunday evening party.
- TEACHERS: Exclusively taught by MASTERS.
- SCHEDULE: 3 classes a day during friday, saturday and sunday. See the SCHEDULE section for details.
- CONTENTS: NEW very exclusive barSWINGona track intended for those who teach lindy hop classes regularly in their area and are interested in improving their teaching technique and pedagogical skills !
These classes will be taught but international teachers reknown by their pedagogical knowledge and experience.
- PROFS: Ali & Katja, William & Maeva, Pontus & Isa.
- SCHEDULE: 4 classes:
– Tuesday 19:00 – 21:00 @ Espai Jove Fontana (3rd floor)
– Wednesday 19:00 – 21:00 @ BALLASWING Sants
NORMS IN CLASS
- You can attend only the track classes of the level you registered for.
- You can go to any open class or taster class.
All these levels are SOCIAL lindy hop and, therefore, there will be partner Rotation in the classes. You have the right to do not enter the rotation and remain with your partner during the whole class.
- The official language of the festival is English.
- Occasionally, some pieces of teachers instructions will be translated to Catalan and/or Spanish. This should not be the cause of any extra delay of the class though.
- Video-recording teachers without their permission is not allowed.
- At the end of each class, if the teacher agrees, there will be a short class review time specially suited for video-recording.
Thanks for your cooperation.
- Any person registering to the Barcelona Swing Festival accepts that the organization is not liable in any sense for the physical injuries that the dancer may suffer during the festival.
- Stretching and Warm up: Please be aware that some swing classes require physical conditioning. The festival organizes of warm up sessions before the classes and stretching sessions after classes for you. Do not skip them.