Dear swing dancer friend,
this is to announce you on behalf barSWINGona festival organisation that we’re taking a break.
The 2020 edition of barSWINGona festival will not happen.
Why? Well, the main reason is that after 22 editions, with all kinds of ups and downs, we feel that we need to take a one year break to renovate the festival to continue making it very appealing to the dancers from all over the world as it has been since 1998.
Additionally, as you probably seen in the news, the disturbing political and social context that our region (or nation as we claim) is going thru is not the best and we do not have certainty about how this is going to be in the near future.
We’re committed to continue with this yearly festival till its 25th edition, namely 2021, 2022 and 2923. The dates will no change and will continue to be during EASTER as usual but we want to make it even better.
– We will continue to feature a line up full of highly talented professional dancers and musicians as we did thru all these years.
– We plan to continue enjoying the magic of this unique venue called the Casino Poblenou ballroom.
– We will take care of all the organisational aspects that can be improved to offer the best customer service,
– We’ll continue to offer in the agenda the most popular activities that our dancers have been enjoying all these years
– And we are already thinking about new, surprising ingredients to enhance the festival program.
All this to make the barSWINGona festival a classic that is terrificly attractive to old and new lindy hopper generations.
barSWINGona team appreciate your understanding and we’re confident that we can count on you for the forthcoming editions.
Dance you soon 🙏🏻🙏🏻❤
barSWINGona team coordinator